Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Something Fun

What could be more fun than playing dress-up when you are 2? How about having a funky little station to display all of your "pretties" while getting a peep at how FABULOUS you look?



I made this fun dress-up station as a Christmas gift for Grace and thought the idea MUST be shared. It was easy, cheap, and Grace couldn't have more fun playing with it. My directions aren't very detailed, but it really isn't difficult.


It all starts with a bi-fold poster board and some wrapping paper.
I used Modge Podge to adhere the wrapping paper.


Simple thumb tacks were used to hang stuff on. All they needed was some personality, so I used E600 to add the buttons.


I used erasers to keep the tacks in place. (You can find multiple erasers in a refill pack for mechanical pencils, which is what I had on hand)


After jazzing up a plain mirror, I hung it on the display by cutting slits in a ribbon and sewing buttons to the board. This takes a little planning. You'll want to make sure the mirror isn't too heavy for the poster board. Keep in mind where you want to hang the mirror so your little one can get a good view of herself. To reinforce the slits you could use Fray Check, but I just used a lighter to melt it a little. I like to do that to the end of ribbon because I think it really seals it off to keep from fraying.


Again, I sewed buttons to the board to create a place to hang tutus from with clothes pins.


There you have it! All that's left to do is have tons of fun!

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

Wow, I'm impressed! I remember you talking about this. It turned out super cute!