Saturday, May 22, 2010

From Dated to Timeless: Terrariums

I have an infatuation with terrariums and this is one of my favorite and most simple transformations to date.

Rescued from a yard sale and Goodwill, these dome clocks only cost $4 total.

Disassemble.


The options are endless for what to display within the terrarium. I opted for moss filled vintage ceramics with mushrooms.

See...


I cut a circle from a paper plate to cover the base (it had the holes from the hardware) and painted the whole thing with acrylic paint.

Unfortunately I was out of spray paint in the shade I wanted so I mixed a nice creamy color.



I can't wait to switch displays in and out for the seasons. Things like birds and butterflies, speckled eggs, skulls and bones, and ornaments to name a few ideas. Such fun!

No comments: