Friday, July 31, 2009

Gypsy Boheme Voyage {Part 1}

Finally, after many catch up posts I get to divolge the details from my L.A. voyage...


Let it be said here and now...I had a FRIGGIN' BLAST!

{Thursday}
I hitched a ride with the incomparable Trish. What a relief, because I would've hopped into the car with almost anyone just to get down there for the weekend! Okay, I am only playing, but it was so very nice of her to bring me along. When you consider that we were pretty much strangers, you can have an idea of the limb she went out on for me. Trish is so down to earth and sweet...it was a treat chatting and getting to know her.

Good Converstion + Old School R&B = Fun Road Trip

It was pretty late when we pulled into Mary's Santa Monica bungelow, but she and her cutie pie kids still gave us a warm reception. Mary has the gift of making you feel like you've known her forever...it is impossible to not be happy and comfortable around her. She does this childlike voice and says things like "good night", "good morning", and "love you." SOOO CUTE!

I woke up in the wee hours of the morning with a major case of the wiggles. Fearing that I would wake Trish up, I crept out into the living room and laid on the couch. I had the joy of watching the sky transform as the sun rose...

Stay tuned for the next installment and see what hi jinks 3 Gypsies can get into...


2 comments:

Charmaine said...

Oh man! I am so jealous! I WISH WISH WISH I could have gone! I'm sure you were thinking of me the entire time though, right?

Zinnia's on Melrose said...

Mindy, you were a joy to have along. I love our new friendship and hope to have new adventures! hint, hint....
Thank you so much for all your kind words. it is so fun to meet new people that get you.
Hugs, Tricia