Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ouch!

If I had a time machine I would travel back to 6 minutes before our planned departure for Utah. Because THIS is what happened 5 minutes before:


I would assure Grace that whatever she thought was worth running into the house to get was in fact NOT worth getting. Or... maybe I would just pull her aside for a hug and tell her how much I love her and how excited I was to be going on a trip to Mamaw’s. That way she would have never tripped on the doormat and smacked her chin on the doorstep. She would have never had to go to the Urgent Care and receive 6 stitches. She would have never had to visit the doctor in Utah to get 5 “pokes.” She would have never had to wear a band-aide on her chin for over a month. She would have never gotten this scar on her chin.




But alas, there is no such machine. So, we are left with the stories. And Grace, with that little scar.

No comments: