Monday, December 1, 2008

14 Day Walk with Christ

I have been feeling a little disconnected from all things spiritual lately, and have wondered what I could do to strengthen my relationship with our Savior. (Besides the obvious Sunday School answers.) After all, He is the reason for the season...and there is no better time to reflect on His life and gospel. I remembered a booklet I received from one of our wards entitled "Your 14 Day Walk with Christ," and have felt prompted to do the daily activities it outlines. I invite anyone who wishes to join me to do so. I will post the activity each day for the first two weeks of December. Part of the plan is to evaluate my thoughts and feelings on that days topic, and I intend to do so on this blog. So here I go:

(The introduction to the "Walk")

"The only way we can really know another person is to walk in their shoes: think what they think, learn what they know, do what they do. Each morning, leave enough time to read the scriptures and other items for that day. Read and ponder what is written. Try to keep what you read in mind throughout the day and make a conscious effort to improve in that particular area. At the end of the day, reevaluate how you did by writing your thoughts and feelings in your journal. The questions presented can help. Every day has some scriptures followed by a set of questions to help you walk with Christ."

Day 1: Am I Seeking Christ's help?

(Because I am a terribly slow typer I have scanned the daily activities. Just click the image to enlarge it.)

No comments: