Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Walk" Day 10 Thoughts

My little sister came home from kindergarten one afternoon with a huge frown on her face. My mother inquired about her glum state and Alexis replied, "Mom, I have a 'bad attitude!' My butt's been itchin' all day and it gave me a bad attitude!"

I mention this story because service has a lot to do with attitude. It doesn't do you any good to do something for someone with a bad attitude...you forfeit the blessings. ("For behold, if a man being evil giveth a gift, he doeth it grudgingly; wherefore it is counted unto him the same as if he had retained the gift; wherefore he is counted evil before God." - Moroni 7:8) Elder Dallin H. Oaks gives a great talk on the reasons for service.

Today I went to work with Jeff to help do deliveries. I'll be the first to admit, my attitude could have been a lot better. Jeff totally called me on it. He warned, "you're gonna lose the blessings if you keep on like this." To that I replied, "I'm just in a bad mood, okay? I'm PMSing and I hate doing deliveries and that's alright! I do them because it's worth the money."

Well, well, well...Look who who just lost her blessings! Jeff just chuckled and we both had a good laugh at my expense. My hubby has a way with me. He turned my hostile mood right around. They say, "all's well that ends well." In this case it was certainly true. Jeff reminded me that I was not just working to earn extra money, but also to help and spend some time with him. I am one lucky girl. I could endure anything, as long as I have Jeff by my side...even deliveries. Look who was blessed after all!

No comments: