Saturday, December 13, 2008

"Walk" Day 12 Thoughts

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." -3Nephi 13:33

Priorities. Everyone has them. It's the order that is crucial. In theory I could place them in order of importance, but in practice...not so much. Often times I find myself out of balance.

I am always excited during this time of year. Not just for Christmas, but also for the coming of the new year. For me it is a great time for introspection. I evaluate the year that has just wrapped up...what worked for me and what could be changed. I feel an added measure of the Spirit in setting goals and making plans. I take the opportunity to counsel with the Lord to realign my path and start that leg of the journey fresh and optimistic. I am grateful for the above scripture because it helps to set the tone for prioritizing my life. Sure, as the year progresses the need for tweaks and adjustments arrise, but at least I know what should always come first.

No comments: