Saturday, December 6, 2008

"Walk" Day 5 Thoughts

Am I a light to the world? I don't know, what do you think? I try to be. I sure hope I am, but sometimes I am an example of what not to do.

My example is really manifest in sweet Gracie. She is such a little copycat. I am so proud of her when we are saying prayers and I peak to see her with her arms folded. My heart melts when she repeats, "amen." I love that she recognizes any picture of "Sesus." It tickles me to hear her say, "Hemimee Fodder." She surprises me with her manners...always quick to say, "sorry, please, thank you, and welcome." (She is way into "thank you" and says it all the time. When she gives me a smooch and says it, I repeat "thank YOU! Then we giggle...) Those are a few of my good teachings.

On occasion I have slipped a naughty word and heard it echoed. Dang it! I really have to do better about that.

Being a righteous example takes effort. It takes introspection. Choosing the right isn't always easy, but it is always worth it.

No comments: